Wanted: Web-developer with knowledge of Django!
Who are we?
To put it simple: we’re technology junkies who turned their passion into their work. Our motto: Nothing beats the feeling of biking along the Amsterdam canals in the early morning sun, looking forward to a good cup of coffee and new technological challenges.
What do we do?
We’re currently working on the technique for several websites catering to the travelling industry. For example: We’ve made it possible to book a flight ticket, a hotel and excursions, all on a single site. Our software for the Dutch-oriented vliegfabriek.nl made it possible for customers to book and pay for products from several different parties. Looking for a city trip? Our software for GaSamen.nl combines offers from different operators and shows them in an easy to use way.
What are we looking for?
We’re looking for a web developer who’s able to create clever solutions for all our challenges. Our biggest demand is that you have knowledge of Django. Here is our preferred profile:
- You have a bachelors or masters degree in Computer Technology or studying hard to get one. Or: you are just plain smart and you can convince us of that.
- You’re able to work independently and you’re not afraid to handle your responsibilities.
- You’re excellent with Python and Django. Or: you wish to become a true Djangonaut and you are excellent in Ruby on Rails or PHP and in for something new.
- You can’t work without revision control (SCM), testing and proper documentation. You have experience preferably with Mercurial or Git.
- Bonus points if you have worked with any of the following: CouchDB, Redis, Celery, Supervisor, Buildout, Fabric, Nginx, uWSGI.
We’re looking for someone for at least three days a week.
What are you going to do?
Develop software! You’re going to work on our own projects and also those of our customers. Your tasks will be varied. You could be creating a prototype for a new idea or you could be brainstorming with us on how to apply our customer’s wishes to their sites. We’re a small company which means you’ll be participating in the development of a solid piece of software from beginning to end. However, your main job is to program with Django.
What do we have to offer?
You’re going to work in an enthusiastic team of web developers in a lovely office in Amsterdam. You’ll be working with us on challenging projects. Next to your regular tasks, you’ll also be able to give back to the Open Source Community. We’re flexible in our work mentality. After a hard day’s work, we also love to relax, enjoy exquisite lunches and use good equipment. We value your knowledge and we mean to give you the space you need to develop your own ideas and let you experiment with new techniques.
For more information, please call or e-mail us. Visit our contact page.